6. Navigation and Mapping:
- Carry detailed maps of the area and a GPS device or compass to help you navigate. Mark key landmarks and potential prospecting sites.
- Bring a charged mobile phone or satellite communication device in case of emergencies. Inform someone trustworthy about your trip itinerary and expected return time.
8. Camping Gear (if applicable):
- If you plan to camp overnight, pack appropriate camping gear, including a tent, sleeping bag, and cooking supplies.
- Employ methods such as panning, sluicing, and metal detecting based on the terrain and the size of your operation.
- Consult local experts or prospecting clubs for techniques that work well in the area.