The best method to finding bigger gold nuggets is to utilize a steel detector. Metal detectors need no water, so that they will work well in arid environments. They will also work near rivers or along rivers where gold deposits may be found upstream. Once you research the greatest potential areas for prospecting, you can easily use your steel detector to obtain a nice source of wealth underground. It is most important that you are properly prepared before you set off on a prospecting trip so here is a suggested planning guide for finding gold nuggets.
A. Prepare adequately for the search
1. Learn the basic concepts concerning how to prospect for gold in appropriate mineral rich geographical areas.
2. Research diverse areas to discover where gold is placed across the world. Ask your national, state or provincial geological study site or workplace for information or maps.
3. Obtain the necessary permissions before going fossicking for gold nuggets on privately owned property or mining business land.
4. Look for finding gold nuggets in areas where gold discoveries have been made before. Because huge tracts of land have undoubtedly been prospected in the past, you will be unlikely to discover any new gold deposits but modern prospecting methods mean that you have a better chance of finding gold in these places that had previously been overlooked
B. Purchase a steel detector
1. Consider buying a high-frequency detector.
- High-frequency detectors are usually are more sensitive to detecting gold, but they are also likely to give false positive readings where there are iron deposits present.
- Check out low-frequency detectors. Low-frequency detectors can screen out different base metals and can find larger gold deposits at larger depths.
2. Look for those that have automated ground balance controls.
These will regulate automatically based on the iron content in the stones, and you won’t need to regularly physically regulate the controls.
3. Choose a detector that shows the depth of the found object.
This will help you to know how far down you need to dig to retrieve the object.
4. Purchase coils in numerous sizes.
- Larger coils can find bigger items at elevated depths, while lighter coils will discover smaller objects at shallower depths.
- Small coils are great for detecting deposits in bedrock while big coils are better at detecting nuggets hidden in tailing piles.Buy coils created for your unit of steel detector. Coils may not be interchangeable between models.
5. Buy a a set of top-quality headphones as a good set of headphones will:-
- Deaden outside noise.
- Enhance the weak sound signal produced when nuggets are located.
- Have a volume control feature
- Give options of using mono or stereo sound according to the sound output type of the detector being used.
C. Assembling and testing your Metal Detector
1. Assemble your metal detector by reading and following the manufacturer’s instructions.
2.Test it’s features at home in the following ways.
- Don’t practice outside until you have fully understood the operational instructions contained in the manual.
- Place a selection of different metal items such as bottle caps, can opener tags, coins, nails and a gold ring on a wooden table.
- Run the coil of the detector over each item to get an understanding of precisely how the detector will react to each of the metal objects scanned.
D. Make Use Of Your Metal Detector in your hunt for Gold Nuggets
1. Take your vehicle and gold detecting equipment to the area that you have chosen to prospect.
2. Move the metal detector’s coil from side-to-side in a sweeping motion low across the ground surface. Avoid sweeping in a pendulum motion which causes the coil to come high off the ground as this will be ineffective.Best results are achieved through sweeps low across the ground surface.
3. Carry out overlapping sweeps as you may miss out on finding small nuggets if you leave a gap between the swept areas.
4. Each gold find, no matter how trivial, should be regarded as an indicator of the potential for further finds as gold rarely shows up as a isolated occurrence. Be prepared to dig more deeply if you find a small nugget as the chances are that there are others nearby waiting to be found!
E. Special Tips
- To equip you with more options to maximize you chances of finding gold consider buying both a high-frequency and a low-frequency detector.
- Be realistic with your expectations! Having a metal detector won’t enable you to find gold buried more than one foot beneath the surface and you have to be prepared for long periods of slow, repetitious and often hard digging work. However the rewards of finding gold nuggets make it all worth while!
- Whenever you dig in an area always fill in the holes before leaving and remove any trash objects that you dig up.
F. Be Warned!
Don’t prospect on mining tenements, national parks or other private property unless you have permission to search there. Any illegal activity on your part can spoil the pleasure of other gold prospector hobbyists if your actions cause a complete prospecting ban being imposed by the land owners.
G. Summary Of Things You Need For Finding Gold Nuggets
- Written permission to prospect
- Steel detector
- Coils in different sizes
- Good quality headphones
- Wood table
- Metal items to train with like can opener tabs, bottle caps, nails, coins, and gold
GOOD RANGE OF GOLD METAL DETECTORS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM AMAZON
Check out the product descriptions and reviews at the web page link below before selecting any to buy
Hope you enjoy a very successful prospecting trip!
High Wycombe, Western Australia,6057